WegoWise's Top 5 Links for American Energy
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. This week we take a look at some ways that America powers itself and some of the benefits and risks. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Sean, Lily, Catherine, and Casey.
- Leakage Rates "Threaten Benefits of Natural Gas" - Failure to reduce methane leaks has the potential to eliminate much, if not all, of the greenhouse gas advantage of natural gas over coal...
- The Solar Envelope: How to Heat and Cool Cities Without Fossil Fuels - Architects all over the world have demonstrated the usefulness of buildings which are heated and cooled by design rather than by fossil fuel energy.
- Lenders Say Fracking Represents a Mortgage Risk - Landowners who sign away mineral leases may be ineligible for mortgages, presenting a real financial risk long before any drilling starts...
- EPA's New Rule Will Be Doubly Green - Cleaner Air for All, More Greenbacks for Industry - Next week on April 17th, EPA is expected to finalize its standards aimed at reducing harmful emissions from the natural gas industry, including fracking.
- US Retakes #1 Spot in Clean Energy Investment in 2011 - The U.S. attracted $48 billion in clean energy investment in 2011, a 42 percent increase over the previous year.