WegoWise's Top 5 Links for a Green Home
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. This week we take a look at reducing energy consumption in your house and getting it from better sources. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Sean, Lily, Catherine, and Casey.
- Choosing an Energy-Efficient Refrigerator - Looking beyond the Energy Star label.
- Willing to Pay (a Little) More for Clean Energy - Americans are, in fact, willing to pay a premium for clean energy.
- Clean Clothes and Dishes for a Fraction of the Energy - The Department of Energy has released new efficiency standards.
- Financing Home Solar, Part 1: Solar Leasing - Adding solar to your house doesn't have to mean buying panels--it's possible to lease them now.
- 5 Invasive Plants You Can Eat - If you're feeling adventurous this weekend and want to try some really local eating, see what's on the list.