WegoWise's Top 5 Links for the Energy Conscious Summer Weekend
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. Summer is in full swing and what better way to ring in the season than to bask in the glow of energy efficiency! So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Sean, Lily, Catherine, Casey and Bert.
- How to Go Green: Barbecues - Some eco-friendly tips on making sure your next get together stays green and satisfies your friends.
- Organic Beer and Beyond: 10 Eco-Friendly Breweries - The Daily Green gives us their list of the best beers for your palate and your conscious. There are few things better than a cold beer on a summer's eve. Drink responsibly, drink sustainably.
- The Convenient, Sturdy Outdoor Clothesline - Did you know that the rays of the sun can be used to dry just about anything? Apply this concept to your clothing needs, follow Mother Earth News' guide to building a clothesline and wait.
- EWG Sunscreen Guide - Sunscreen always seems like a negligible detail when planning a day on the beach. But consider the health and environmental consequences of choosing the wrong one. Talk about getting burned. The Environmental Working Group has compiled a wide-spread database of sunscreens, so you can find the best one for you and your family before you read '50 Shades of Grey' on the beach all day.
- Sustainable Gardening Methods - Gardening can be very theraputic and relaxing, or so I've heard. There are few better ways to celebrate the end of a work week than by relaxing and eating a salad made from your own sustainably-grown vegetables. So follow Squidoo's instructions and enjoy the dirt!