WegoWise's Top 5 Links for the Energy Conscious City-Dweller
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. Summertime in the city is always brutal. A lot of people. A lot of body heat. Not a lot of space. But here are some of the best ideas to stay cool, whatever your definition of that may be. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Sean, Lily, Catherine, Casey, Kate and Bert.
- Hunts Point Peninsula - An interesting project taking a thoughtful approach to improving their community.
- Tactical urbanism: the city as a laboratory for change - We tweeted about this earlier in the week, but it bears repeating. This blog post from the Urban Initiative at UMass Dartmouth focuses in on a few great tactical urbanism projects, ideas that are designed to strengthen community and help the environment. Everyone wins!
- No Impact Project - When you're ready to take your energy consciousness to a new level, you can try making no impact.
- Grow it vertical! DIY Wood Pallet Garden - If you'd like to reduce your footprint by eating local, you can grow your own food even if you don't have much space.
- Uber lets you summon the ice cream truck right to your doorstep - If you need an ice cream fix, no need to wait outside, waiting to hear the distant distinctive melodies of the ice cream trucking drawing closer. Now, with the press of a button on your phone, the ice cream truck will be at your door.