WegoWise's Top 5 Links for Better Food
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. We spend a lot of time at the office talking about food. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Lily, Catherine and Casey.
- Go Green with Easy Things for Making Eco-Friendly Kitchens: If you want your kitchen to feel more lively and efficient, here are a few suggestions.
- Organic Food Might Not Be More Nutritious, But You Should Eat It Anyway: You may have seen the recent Stanford study on organic food, which contends that organic food isn't more nutritious than conventional food. There are still plenty of other reasons to go organic when possible.
- Extreme Weather Supersizes Global Food Price Tags: US drought has caused food prices to start increasing, but we're not the only place. Poor harvests around the world have contributed to rising food prices.
- Eat Local: To help buffer the effects of increasing food prices, eat what is available locally. This web site and app helps you find what's in season and local farmers markets.
- What exactly does natural mean?: There are a lot of products that say "natural" on the packaging. I know I've looked at products claiming this and often wondered if high-fructose corn syrup really is natural. Grist helps to shed some light on this issue.