WegoWise’s Top 5 Links for Urban Farming
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. While your porch tomato plants might not qualify you as an urban farmer, you’ve already taken a step in the right direction. Urban farming season is coming to a close, but winter is the perfect time to plan for next year’s harvest. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Lily, Catherine, Casey, and Joanna.
1) The harvest is only the beginning of the wonderful community benefits coming out of a youth urban farming program called Grow Dat Youth Farm in New Orleans, LA.
2) Transform your home into a productive haven of food and drink for less than the price of a new iPhone.
3) NYC’s Design Trust for Public Space has taken the initiative to strategically boost support and resources for urban farms within the 5 boroughs through a comprehensive report on the current state urban agriculture in NYC and recommendations for the future.
4) The potential benefits from scaling-up urban farming are remarkable! Check out the infographic in this blog post that paints a clear picture.
5) Inspired and interested in becoming an urban farmer? Try this Book for DIY Urban Farming.