WegoWise's Top 5 Links for Holiday Light Displays
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. It's been 14 days since Black Friday, so chances are your neighbors have had their lights up for...about 14 days. Show them up this year with an energy-efficient light display. Not only will you dazzle them with your impeccable taste, but you'll have some extra gift money lying around at the end of the month! So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Lily, Catherine, Casey, and Joanna.
1. Solar Powered Lights - Make the move toward net-zero with solar lights! Widely available these days, solar lights will keep you from blowing grandma's check on utility bills.
2. LED lights - Make the investment in LED lights and watch your savings grow year over year! More durable and efficient than incandescents, LED bulbs are a no-brainer!
3. Recycled lanterns - With a little creativity, you can use household items to turn ordinary lights into something special.
4. Go light-peeping - Skip your own display this year, and go for a walk around the neighborhood. Let other people wrestle with ladders and extension cords while you and yours enjoy their displays, cocoa in hand.
5. Store your lights properly - don't just throw your lights in a tangle-prone ball when the holidays are over, make sure that you can reuse your lights year after year by storing them neatly (cuts down on holiday stress, too!).