WegoWise's Top 5 Links for Green Cleaning
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. We tend to spend a lot of time indoors this time of year, and having a clean home goes a long way toward making it a nice place to curl up during the "indoor months". Make sure that you're not bringing nasty chemicals into your life with some of these green-cleaning resources. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Lily, Catherine, Casey, Joanna, Sam and Adam.
1. There are many recipes out there for DIY alternatives to traditional cleaning products. It's easy to control the chemical contents of your cleaning supplies when you're the one adding them!
2. Looking for a green alternative but can't find it at the local store? Check out the databases kept by green certification organizations such as Greenseal.
3. Even green cleaning is a daunting task when you feel obligated to tackle the whole house at once. Try getting onboard with a regular upkeep regimen; cleaning more frequently, in shorter increments, can help you keep the house from getting "too dirty to clean."
4. Knowing what products to buy and use is all well and good, but be sure to check out this list, compiled by the Environmental Working Group, of the worst products out there as well. Avoiding the worst offenders is just as important as knowing what to use.
5. "An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered." - G.K. Chesterton
Heed some wise words, and make cleaning into a fun activity! Whether that means putting on your best cleaning mix, or challenging your kids, partner, or friends to a game of Chore Wars, there are lots of ways to have an adventure right at home.