WegoWise's Top 5 Links for Green Running
This has been a tragic week for the Boston area. We would like to send our support to all of our readers and customers who live in the area. When we wrote this blog post, we were excited for the marathon; many of our team members went there to cheer people on. Fortunately, none of them were injured. Despite the unpleasant and dramatic events outside our doors, we're determined to continue doing the work we love.
-Barun Singh, Founder & CTO
It's Marathon weekend in Boston, and the long weekend around WegoWise HQ means that Bostonians will have plenty of time to chat in the next few days. So Peruse our best links and be sure to share what you've learned with other interested parties at the marathon-watching parties you're hopefully attending this weekend.
- Mother Jones asks: Are Marathons Bad for the Planet?
- The Center for Responsible Sport offers guidance and certifications for green running-event organizers.
- What goes in to "greening" a marathon, you ask?
- Runners are notoriously tough on shoes and gear, make sure you're reducing your impact with environmentally sensitive running gear from names like Patagonia, New Balance, and Brooks.
- Close the loop on your sweet new trainers with running shoe recycling programs! Lots of organizations have shoe recycling programs including: Nike, One World Runnning, and Share Your Soles.