WegoWise's Top 5 Links for the Energy-Conscious Fitness Fanatic
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. If you're a fitness fanatic and as interested in generating energy as burning calories, we have some solutions for you. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Sean, Lily, Catherine, Casey, Kate and Bert.
1. Phone dead? Work out! The Great Outdoor Gym Company has designed an OUTDOOR gym where your own workout generates enough power to charge up your phone.
2. Prefer running over machines? Harvest energy while you walk with this new technology developed by 24-year-old Mr. Anthony Mutua Simply insert an ultra-thin chip inside the sole of any shoe and charge your iPod or cellphone during or after your walk or run. How does it work? Read the article.
3. Could Universities Lead the Way to a Self-Powered Gym? University gyms are going green with ReRev's energy harvesting cardio equipment.
4. Save up to $3000 on energy bills by working out on SportsArt Fitness's Pinnacle machine!
5. Whether you're filling up your bpa-free reusable water bottle, or taking a shower post-workout, generate electricity just by running the water with the ES Pipe Waterwheel.