WegoWise's Top 5 Links for the Energy Conscious Smartphone
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. We all know that smartphones are great for checking your email, keeping in touch with your friends and throwing virtual birds at virtual pigs, but your smartphone can also make you a better consumer and help you save energy. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Sean, Lily, Catherine, Casey and Bert.
- 400 Million "Green" Cell Phones Will Be Shipped by 2017 - Treehugger's report that forecasts a jump in phones made from 50% recycled materials.
- Light Bulb Finder App - Check out the site of the app (Android or iPhone) that won the EPA's 'Apps for the Environment Challenge."
- Avego - Avego is an on-the-go carpool planner that allows you to commute and plan trips easier. You can use their website or download the app which has been favorably reviewed by the The New York Times, ABC News and CNET, to name a few.
- Local Dirt - Local Dirt, and its associated app 'Locavore' makes it easier to eat local by finding the nearest farmer's markets near you as well as restaurants that use locally grown and raised ingredients.
- GoodGuide - GoodGuide is another website/app that helps you lead a healthier and more environmentally conscious lifestyle. They rate products on a 1-10 scale with metrics based on health, environmental and societal value.