WegoWise's Top 5 Links for Wind Power
Whether you want to be a more informed citizen or just want to kill some time before 5 on a Friday afternoon, WegoWise has got you covered. Last weekend was pretty breezy here as storms moved up the coast and that got us thinking about wind. So peruse our best links, give us some feedback and be sure to share some of the info you just gleaned with other interested parties at the parties you are hopefully attending this weekend. Brought to you by Dan, Nate, Lily, Catherine and Casey.
- Forget all the rumors, there is enough wind to power the world! Read more about the report.
- Cape Cod Air Force is building two wind turbines (as part of the Air Force's wind energy project) that will save $1 million per year, and account for 50% of the Cape Cod AFS' total energy demand. Kudos to the military (finally) using renewable power!
- Ever dreamed of building your own wind turbine? This man did it from scratch. Find out how to start producing your own electricity from wind power by learning from his incredibly detailed descriptions, instructions, photos and videos.
- A survey of innovative, sleek, wind-power technology designs developed by engineers and artists. This link shows off wind power-generating kites, floating windfarms, sculptures, vehicles, architecture and gadgets!
- Theo Jansen's "Kinetic Sculptures" are beautiful and dynamic robots, powered ONLY by wind.